My Inside & Unsaid Life

Experience my thoughts and views

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

I grew up on the East Coast, for the most part, from Halifax NS, I love tea & homemade soup! I have lots of cool things I want to do in life, like have my own coffee shop, record a cd, be a mom, and I'm married to an wonderful guy-Phil from Sarnia, who is the best husband ever! I have a Cocker spaniel named Sophie, she is my baby, and a house in St. Thomas. We are a part of the New Hope Church Community, where we are a part of the Student Life.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

data entry for life...anyone?

I hate work....not all work of course, just the kind where you feel like you are a robot. Where you feel like you're just going through the motions, fulfilling these tasks and doing meaningless things (well at least meaningless to you) to earn a dollar. What's the deal? Sometimes I think, Why am I putting most of my time into this things called work? I could be doing so many other much more important things with my time. Instead I'm sitting here, punching numbers into a computer. I hate feeling this way, I feel cheated, like I'm some big company's robot. And yet, as I'm writing this very sentence, I am reminded about the whole idea of worshipping God through whatever you do. There's a bible verse that talks about worshipping God in everything you do. Sorry for not quoting the proper one. (It's late, and I've worked overtime and well I'm tired.) But, do I think it's actually possible? Can I actually worship God while I'm at work, punching numbers in the computer, feeling meaningless? It's a weird idea to me, because honestly I am so far from that these days. When I'm at work I'm grumbling most of the time, feeling sorry for myself. Definately not in the "let's worship Jesus" frame of mind. I guess it just shows to me how much I have to learn. What would I do if I got stuck doing data entry for life? Would I just be this miserable person, hating my job everday? I hope that I wouldn't, cause that would suck. So, ya I really need to figure this whole worship God in everything thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny you should mention that, our pastor is doing a message series on the same thing. It really does challenge you to worhsip through the things we consider boring. Isn't that where our faith is most tested? why would God want us only to be praised in the moments we love? I really think it's a part of His growing process for us.
I am in the same boat as you, while I love my job I really don't think I am fufilling my true purpose here on earth.

Thanks for reminding me about my responsibilities to be joyful in all situations...man it's SO hard to do :-)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home