My Inside & Unsaid Life

Experience my thoughts and views

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

I grew up on the East Coast, for the most part, from Halifax NS, I love tea & homemade soup! I have lots of cool things I want to do in life, like have my own coffee shop, record a cd, be a mom, and I'm married to an wonderful guy-Phil from Sarnia, who is the best husband ever! I have a Cocker spaniel named Sophie, she is my baby, and a house in St. Thomas. We are a part of the New Hope Church Community, where we are a part of the Student Life.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

from a questioning wife

So lately my husband has picked up this idea that he needs to get into baseball and football, which he never has before. This whole idea that although he may not have totally liked these sports before or have been "into" them, but somehow now feels the need to change-well I just don't get. He's a hockey guy, and to be honest, that's good enough for me. The whole idea of adding two more sports to his tv schedule kinda annoys me. Ie whole Hockey thing, but I don't think I can continue with these others. I must say that I have been pretty supportive with the whole hockey thing. I don't get football at all, no matter how hard I try, well actually I don't, but either way, it just doesn't make sense. And baseball is just soooo boring, even live, like in the stadium, never mind on TV. I just don't get it. The question I guess is why are you guys so obsessed with Sports. Why do you spend so much time watching, and strategizing and cheering for your favorite teams and players? And what gets me the most is the fact that once the season ends, another one is starting up again, Hockey finishes, baseball starts, and it just keeps going and going. There's no sports break...so what's the deal fella's? Why is this sports world never-ending? Don't you ever get tired of playoff after playoff, year after year?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are you complaining again....
reality tv junkie

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA I was just about to say the same thing Phil. While I SO get what you are saying Steph (I so see red anytime sports is on)..I also know Aaron hates my reality tv programs.

Although I would love to be impartial and give a wonderful speech about supporting your husband...I too don't get the sports thing. I totally get watching it in a stadium but on TV....to people who make millions of dollars anyway...

This is another reason why marriage facinates me so much. Two people such varied backgrounds/baggage and habits; must cohabitate and still love each other at the end of the day. I think God is brilliant for creating marriage, it's a test of my faith everyday.

(haha sorry...for all this ranting I should start my own blog!).

2:44 PM  
Blogger NathanColquhoun said...

I'm with you Steph...

Darryl is the same way, yearly he picks up a new sport, and I knew it was a problem when I walked in on him cheering at some golf game. It drives me crazy, and I think its a pper pressure thing. That's my guess, so we can just leave it at that. Darryl and Phil are both insecure.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Steph Prendergast said...

HA, Thanks Nate....I'm glad someone agrees with me. We'll go with insecurity! And yes I know I'm a reality t-v junkie, so I guess it's even.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Football and Baseball are soooo boring. Football stops every 15 seconds and Baseball stinks too it seems like the same thing over and over ... and over agian. Its retarded really the only sports that are intresting to watch is Hockey and Soccer it doesnt stop every 15 seconds and its different all the time.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah I say to you all... Don’t listen to Nathan; he’s about as far a "guy" as it comes. The fact that you ask the question is just another reason why it’s so special to us.

Sports are a man thing - Period. The fact that women don’t get it isn’t bad. If anything, it’s probably better if you don’t. All week men are involved in doing things - taking care of the house, making money, fixing the car, driving the kids around.

With Sports, you forget about all that and for one moment you can reflect on that sport you loved as a kid and be a kid again. It’s not a problem to act like a kid and scream for your favorite team.

Also, guy bonding. Get away from all the other "life" talk. Guys love to talk stats and sports have ENDLESS stats.

Guys don’t want you to watch it with them either. If you don’t get it, continue not getting it. He won’t get offended.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home