My Inside & Unsaid Life

Experience my thoughts and views

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

I grew up on the East Coast, for the most part, from Halifax NS, I love tea & homemade soup! I have lots of cool things I want to do in life, like have my own coffee shop, record a cd, be a mom, and I'm married to an wonderful guy-Phil from Sarnia, who is the best husband ever! I have a Cocker spaniel named Sophie, she is my baby, and a house in St. Thomas. We are a part of the New Hope Church Community, where we are a part of the Student Life.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Evolving Church - Restoring Justice Conference

There is an awesome conference coming up soon, and well I am totally passionate about the topic...I really feel that we as the church need to think about and discuss the issue of social justice much more than we presently do. There are so many injustices going on in our world and many times we just sit back and watch, yet we have a relationship with the God of justice - and to me something just doesn't add up. I think that we as the church need to stop watching, and start thinking and acting. If we are Gods hands and feet, then in reality, we should be hands and feet of justice, not an audience who is enteretained with the injustices that go on in our world every single day. We often seem to thrive off and enable these injustices, like sweat shops, child labour and slavery with our ever wanting consumeristic desires, which we often don't think twice about. I think we, as Christ-followers need to do some serious soul searching about what part we play in the dance between right and wrong, the rich and poor, and the just and unjust. Where are my hands God? There are many practical, realistic ways that we can engage to bring justice in our world.

There will be some awesome discussions about this at the Evolving Church Conference coming up on March 24 in Toronto, with Jim Wallis, Shane Claiborne and Ron Sider on Social Justice with workshop leaders from around the country such as David Fitch, Greg Paul and over ten others. These speakers have some great thoughts, and I hope you'll join in on the discussion. You can find all the details at www.epconference.net

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home